Rochdale's current MP is very touchy on the issue of airbrushing.
Kevin Maguire's column in the Mirror today raised it.
Paul Rowen got value for money from his Communications Allowance by a Full Power assault via Rochdale Online. It was a very ugly scene.
Paul set the record straight: "I'm a Northern lad. What you see is what you get".
So, did Paul fall for the anti-airbrushing PR via cheeky boy Lembit Opik and the Dove soap's commercial Campaign For Real Beauty...?
Is Paul Rowen 'Adamant' that there is no cover up or airbrushing of history in Rochdale...???
- Cambridge House was never visited by Alderman Cyril Smith?
- Sex abuse in Rochdale never occurred?
- Property developers have never given cash to the Lib Dems then mysteriously got planning permission?
- Everything is hunky dory with regeneration in Rochdale. All above board. No funny money?
- Greg Couzens is doing well revitalising Rochdale town centre and he certainly doesn't want Alan Taylor's job (and never wants to be MP)?
- All of Paul's Council and Parliamentary expenses and allowances were properly claimed and used appropriately?
- Dave Hennigan just decided to move on and Paul wishes him well?
That's OK then.
It's just the problem with digital manipulation is that folk can get caught out.
A few years of a champagne lifestyle can cause things with 'northern lads' to get very ugly.